Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £22,000 pa
Hours of work: 37.5 hours, exclusive of lunch breaks. Regular weekend and evening working is required. Hours for this post between April and September will be Sunday to Thursday inclusively.
Location of work: The post will be based at Green Estate, Manor Lane, Sheffield. Attendance at other offices/sites may also be required on occasion
Very much a hands-on role, our Visitor Development Officer will take an energetic and pro-active lead in supporting others to deliver a wide range of visitor activity on site. Responsible for delivery of a portfolio of existing visitor offers including schools’ sessions, school holiday craft activities and key public events. With a passion for, and understanding of, the importance of the local, cultural and environmental heritage, you will ensure the rich and varied stories of Sheffield Manor Lodge come to life for our visitors. You will lead on the continuous improvement of existing offers, and the development of new offers for our key audiences across Sheffield Manor Lodge ensuring all visitor experiences are the best they can be, and contribute to plans to increase visitor numbers and spend.
- Excellent customer service with a focus on quality delivery
- Interest in local heritage and history
- Enjoys working with young children and family audiences
- Experience of and confidence in running large events
- Experience of working with volunteers and managing volunteer teams
- Experience of delivering of educational activities for school age children
- Good team player willing to get stuck in to tasks
- Business like, reliable and efficient
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise a demanding workload
- Flexible approach to duties and hours and a willingness to work anti-social hours
- Ability to thrive in a continually changing environment
- Tact and diplomacy
- Full UK driving license
DBS Disclosure: This post requires An Enhanced DBS disclosure
If you would like to apply for this position then please contact Sue Rose at the main office on 0114 2677627 for more information, or to have an application pack forwarded to you in the post.
Deadline for applications is: 11th October 2019
Interview date: 24th October 2019
Post Application packs to:
Green Estate CIC, c/o Sue Rose
389 Manor Lane
Manor, Sheffield, S2 1UL
Green Estate CIC is a Social Enterprise working to improve the quality of the urban environment in the Manor and Castle area of Sheffield.