Contract type: Temporary- end of October
Salary: National Living Wage for Age
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, exclusive of lunch breaks. Additional working hours at busy seasons as well as occasional weekend and evening duties are expected for which a time off in lieu system operates.
Location of work: The post is based at Green Estate CIC, Manor Lane, S2 1UL. Some travel, requiring occasional overnight stays throughout the UK and elsewhere will also be required
To assist in, and occasionally supervise a small team that will deliver landscape construction projects for the commercial arm of Green Estate CIC in and around South Yorkshire.
- Most hold a full UK driving licence
- Experience of working outdoors in all weathers.
- Experience of hard landscaping, working to plans and specifications.
- Experience of various types of construction including cement mixing, excavations, paving, walls, fencing, edging, steps.
- General groundwork skills for landscape construction.
- Ability to communicate effectively on different levels.
- Ability to solve problems and work under your own initiative.
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team.
- Ability to organise day to day site workload of self and others effectively under instruction from Team Leader.
- An understanding of site construction health and safety
- Ability to maintain a willingness to work and high levels of enthusiasm.
- Positive and friendly approach.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- A willingness to train and expand personal skills base.
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Be able to work in a commercial environment
Short listing date: 10th May 2019
Interview date: 13th May 2019
Start date: As soon as possible
DBS Disclosure: This post requires an Enhanced DBS disclosure
APPLICATION FORM = Application form (1)
JOB DESCRIPTION & JOB SPECIFICATION = Summer Hard Landscape Assistant JD
If you would like to apply for this position then please visit our website www.greenestate.org and download our application form or contact Sue Rose at the main office on 0114 2677627 for more information, or to have an application pack forwarded to you in the post.
Deadline for applications is: 9TH May 2019
Green Estate CIC. is a Social Enterprise working to improve the quality of the urban environment in the Manor and Castle area of Sheffield.