Seasonal Landscape Operative (Ride-on-Mower Driver)
RESPONSIBLE TO :
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
Working alongside our Commercial Landscape teams you will ensure the day to day operational delivery of our landscape and grounds maintenance contracts. Mainly grass cutting on a regular route through parks and open spaces managed by Green Estate in the Sheffield area but also to carry out other landscape work as requested. The work will include removal of fly tipping, parks checks and reporting, reactive landscape works, and landscape grounds-maintenance.
· Undertaking all aspects of grounds maintenance including grass cutting, hedge cutting/pruning, planting, strimming, weeding, etc.
· Operating ride on mowers, cutting grass in Parks and open spaces in the Sheffield area
· To safely operate machinery and equipment as required (following certification and induction)
· To Safely operating company vehicles, up to 3.5T
· Ensure daily work schedules are followed, and to a consistent high standard.
· Completing appropriate safety checks on all vehicles and equipment, carrying out maintenance, and reporting defects as required.
· Assisting with other areas of landscape contracts as required
· To carry out all work-related tasks asked of you by your Manager
|· Provide a reliable presence in the work place, setting good examples of punctuality, behaviour, work ethic, and adherence to company policies and procedures.|
|· To ensure you are ready for work and to leave the yard by 8:00 am ensuring there is a full day’s work|
|· To attend and contribute to all team meetings and feed information into the meetings|
|· To be flexible in your approach to work, to work effectively and positively with multi- agency teams and solve rather than create problems
Customer Service & Working Relationships
· Maintain good internal and external relationships with all colleagues, customers and the general public
· Liaising with members of the public, other team members, managers and sub-contractors in a professional and courteous manner.
· Work effectively with good communication to the team, the Landscape Manager, and Landscape Office other internal staff and customers to ensure that all works can be delivered safely, to schedule, on time and to a high quality
· Sustain and continue to develop effective relationships with internal staff teams, existing and new clients which will continue to grow the reputation of the company’s
ability to generate profit through quality work
Continuous Improvement and Sustainability
· Support colleagues in other sections of the Company through good communication, understanding of the differing roles that they play and through mutual promotion of their services.
· Contribute actively to the success of the Commercial Landscape section and the whole Company through active participation in continuous improvement, with provision of specialist advice where needed.
· Undertake any other duties, as requested by your Line Manager, commensurate with the level of responsibility of the job and the aims of Green Estate CIC
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary Assistant Project Officer Scale (£18,000)
Pension All qualifying staff are automatically enrolled on the Company Pension Scheme following the first 3 months of employment. Employee and employer contributions are made towards this fund, based on basic salary and in compliance of Government minimum requirements. Further details of the pension scheme are available from the Business Manager.
Working hours Monday to Friday 8am – 4pm The working week for this post is 37.5 hours, exclusive of lunch breaks. This post may involve some weekend work for which time off in lieu can be taken.
Location The post will involve working at Manor Cottages Sheffield.
Probationary Period All new employees are required to undertake a period of probation for 6 months, in which they will be expected to establish their suitability for the post.
Annual leave 31 days pro-rata (includes bank holidays) a year in which 3 days should be set aside for the Christmas-New Year break when the office is closed.
Length of contract This is a 6-month contract.
To apply for this position, please return your completed application form to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 14th May 2021