Post Title: Parks & Gardens Supervisor
Hours: 37.5 per week
Organisation: The Green Estate CIC – Let’s Grow Where We Live
Would you like to become part of an organisation working to create better places to live, where nature enriches all of our built environments? If you are looking for a rewarding parks and gardens post working for a dynamic and creative, not-for-profit Sheffield based organisation then this vacancy could be just for you.
During the pandemic we have learned that people really value and need access to nature and green spaces. As Parks and Gardens Supervisor you will be responsible for the presentation of all the city parks and gardens managed by Green Estate in the Sheffield area, ensuring they are maintained to the highest possible standards. You will be someone who has a strong passion for community parks and gardens, takes great pride in providing the best customer service, and has excellent communication skills. If you are experienced and confident in working with the general public, proactive, hardworking, and someone who wants to help us create better places to live with nature at its heart, then this is the job for you!
Essential requirements for the job role
- RHS or environmental qualifications to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of practical work within parks and gardens including
- Experience with establishing planting and maintenance
- Experience with ride-on-mowers use, maintenance and storage
- Experience and confidence in using landscape machinery
- Experience in landscape maintenance
- Experience of directing and leading staff
- Experience of using Microsoft office, digital photography and smart phone apps.
- Full driving license
- 3 Years’ experience in landscaping
- Full Driving License
- DBS Disclosure
- A friendly & creative working environment
- 31 Days annual leave
- A Competitive pension scheme
- Company Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking
If this sounds like you, we definitely want to hear from you!
Closing date: 23/04/21
Interview date: 26/03/21
The Green Estate CIC is a proactive Equal Opportunities & Diversity Employer.
To apply for this position please send a completed application form to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this position please contact us on 0114 276 2828 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.