Job Title: Landscape Charge Hand
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £16,700 to £18,000 depending on experience
Hours of work: 37.5
Location of work: The post will be based from Sheffield Manor Lane S2
Would you like to become part of an organisation working to create better places to live ‘ where nature enriches all of our built environments’? If you are looking for a rewarding landscape post working for a dynamic and creative, not for profit Sheffield based organisation then this vacancy could be just for you.
To take a lead to deliver work as required for the Commercial Landscape department of Green Estate CIC mainly in and around Sheffield and South Yorkshire but further afield if required. To ensure the day to day operational delivery of our landscape maintenance contracts. The work will include removal of fly tipping, parks checks and reporting, reactive landscape works, and landscape grounds-maintenance.
We are looking for someone with;
- Experience in landscape maintenance and practical landscape skills
- Commitment to pick up and remove litter and fly-tipping
- Understanding or willingness to be trained in the safe collection of some hazardous material e.g. needles and drug paraphernalia
- Strong interest in urban landscape and ecology
- Experience and confidence in using landscape machinery such as hand mowers, hedge cutters, and strimmer’s
- Experience of building positive customer relations & excellent communication skills
- Versatile, adaptable, self-motivated, hardworking and organised
- Thriving in a team environment and ability to work alone
- A positive and friendly approach with the desire to work for a social enterprise company
- Experience of directing staff on site
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will be hard working and well-motivated.
- Have motivation to work alone and in teams.
- Willing to work in all weathers.
- 3 Years’ experience in landscaping
- Vehicle Licence
- DBS Disclosure
- A friendly & creative working environment
- 31 Days annual leave
- A Competitive pension scheme
- Company Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking
Deadline for applications is: 21.02.2021
Interview Date is: 26.02.2021
Green Estate is a Social Enterprise Company that believes in Equal Opportunities for its employees and the community it supports.
For further details on all our job opportunities please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 0114 276 2828