Hard Landscaping Labourer
RESPONSIBLE TO :
Landscape Technical Manager
Assisting the Landscape Team leader with all aspects of Commercial Landscape Work
To work under the direction of the Team Leader to assist in carrying out an efficient quality hard landscaping service in private gardens and public spaces across Sheffield. To be responsible for doing manual work requiring high physical fitness and strength to assist in constructing landscapes or buildings including but not limited to laying foundations, patios, fences, lawns, block paving, clearing sites, building walls, digging trenches.
- To assist with the day to day delivery of commercial and private garden landscaping contracts including, both hard construction and soft landscape works.
- To be responsible for labouring for the landscape site manager
- Always provide excellent customer service with every customer interaction
- To be able to work effectively alongside other employees and volunteers, and to build positive working relationships;
- To be flexible in your approach to work;
- To be a capable and effective member of each team with which you are placed and being able to follow any given instruction accurately;
- To operate landscape machinery and equipment as required (following training certification and induction);
- To ensure you are ready for work and to leave the yard by 8:00 am and ready to carry out the days tasks;
- Work effectively with good communication to both the, site managers to ensure that all works can be delivered to schedule on time and to a high quality
- To assist with ensuring work cabins, yard, tools and vehicles are clean and safe;
- To ensure tools are well maintained at all times and fit for the purpose intended;
- Ensure that the public face of the Green Estate is properly represented in accordance with the Green Estate Code of Conduct at all times whilst at work, in works vehicles and wearing GE uniform at all times;
- Ensure all work is undertaken to Green Estate policies (e.g. child welfare, environmental and health and safety policies);
- Undertake any other duties, as requested by your Line Manager, commensurate with the level of the job and the aims of the Green Estate.
Salary £ 9 per hour
Working Hours: The working week for this post is 37.5 hours, exclusive of a 0.5hr lunch breaks.
Location: The post will be based at the Green Estate Farm Office, Manor Oaks, Manor Lane. Attendance at other offices may also be required on occasion.
Length of Contract: Zero Hour
To apply for this position, please return a completed application form to email@example.com