We’re happy to announce that we’ve been shortlisted to receive funding via the Tesco Stronger Starts scheme!
What is the scheme?
The Stronger Starts scheme offers community projects like us the chance to receive grant awards of up to £1,500.
How can I help?
Only the community projects with the most votes will receive funding.
Voting will be open from mid-January until the end of March.
To vote for our project, you will need to make a purchase within any of the following Tesco stores:
● Tesco Express, 42-46 Fargate, Sheffield City Centre, S1 2HE
● Tesco Express, Central Quay, Kelham Island, S3 8RA
● Tesco Express, 65 Edward Street, S3 7BY
● Tesco Extra, 1 Savile Street, S4 7UD
● Tesco Express, 139 West Street, Sheffield City Centre, S1 4GB
● Tesco Express, 17 Church Street, Sheffield City Centre, S1 1HA
● Tesco Express, 17 Eyre Lane, Sheffield City Centre, S1 2NP
Once you’ve made a purchase, you will receive a blue Stronger Starts token at the checkout each time you shop.
You can then use this token to cast your vote at our voting booth which will be on display in the above stores from mid-January.
What happens once voting has finished?
The project with the highest number of votes will receive £1,500.
The second-placed project will receive £1,000.
The third-placed project will receive £500.
Why do you need this funding?
The apothecary garden is one of the key attractions at Sheffield Manor Lodge and the restoration work would ensure that school groups and visitors are able to enjoy looking around it for many years to come.