Contract type: Covering maternity leave – up to 12 months
Salary: £19,800 pa
Hours of work: The working week for this post is 37.5 hours, exclusive of lunch breaks. Additional working hours at busy seasons as well as occasional weekend and evening duties are expected for which a time off in lieu system operates.
Location of work: The post is based at Green Estate CIC, Manor Lane, S2 1UL. Some travel, requiring occasional overnight stays throughout the UK and elsewhere will also be required
To assist in winning and managing a wide range of specialised landscape contracts that support national and international growth of both Green Estate and Pictorial Meadows products and services.
Quantifying and estimating works including grounds maintenance, hard and soft landscaping, supporting tender writing, liaising with clients/customers, organising staff, project managing contracts, ensuring health & safety and high-quality works with customer satisfaction.
- Landscape and / or Horticultural Degree Level Qualifications
- Strong interest and knowledge of naturalistic Plant Communities and new urban planting compositions
- Practical Landscape Management / Horticultural Skills
- Ability to prioritise own work load and a willingness and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proven experience of preparing planting designs, specifications and quotes
- Entrepreneurial and business-like
- Experience of building positive customer and supplier relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and command of the English language
- Excellent IT skills
- A full, current UK driving licence
- Very versatile, adaptable, self-motivated and highly organised
- A commitment to social justice and environmental sustainability
- Capable of carrying out a mix of often very active physical work as well as office duties _____________________
- Green Estate CIC. is a Social Enterprise working to improve the quality of the urban environment in the Manor and Castle area of Sheffield.
- Post Application packs to: Green Estate CIC, c/o Sue Rose, 389 Manor Lane, Manor, Sheffield, S2 1UL
- Deadline for applications is: 30TH April 2019
- If you would like to apply for this position then please visit our website www.greenestate.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form. Or for further information call Sue Rose at the main office on 0114 2677627.
- DBS Disclosure: This post requires an Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Interview date: 6th May 2019
APPLICATION FORM > Application form
JOB DESCRIPTION > Assist Landscape Manager JD